Wednesday, August 27, 2008

In the beginning...





there was me...and a tree. Then God created Dick and between us we created Chris & Andrea. After almost 18 years, Annie decided to go back from whence she had come; then Chris decided to take Rowena as his bride. They created Baby Robyn, but she didn't stay either. Then it happened. Chris & Rowena said, "Let's not speak to Mary and Dick any more, but we won't tell them why." And so it came to pass that God created a Deafening Silence which hurt Mary and Dick very much indeed. And God saw that this was not good. But he couldn't do anything about it either because Chris & Rowena sent Mama & Dad's mail back unopened; blocked their emails; didn't return their phone calls; didn't acknowledge the flowers, cheesecake, bonsai tree, Christmas gifts, birthday cards, or anything else that
Mary & Dick thought might mend the tear that Chris & Rowena had ripped in the material of a once-strong family bond. Mama refuses ever to believe that her son was part of this wicked plot. So who does that leave? That leaves Rowena, Dick, Troll, Wingy & God. Perhaps I should put God first on that list? Naah, He hasn't done anything to help and He won't talk either. So, it's about five years now that The Deafening Silence has existed. Five years of family love shot to hell. Five years of sharing, giving, caring down the irreversible drainpipe. Was it because Baby Robyn died? Am I to blame? WHAT DID WE DO??? Does anyone out there know, and if you do, would you consider sharing your thoughts with us? We need that. Even though Chris & Rowena are members of The Compassionate Friends group, there's been no compassion shown us, that is for sure!! I've written to their Chapter Leader and she shows no compassion either. No reply, no acknowledgment
- how rude! I was not brought up that way. We never hurt anyone. We did all we could - to the very limit of our beings - but I guess it wasn't enough for Chris & Rowena. It looks as if our son is never going to speak to us again. People tell me "Get on with your life," but that's not where I am. I'm Chris' mother; I am Baby Robyn's grandmother; I am Kim's grandmother (a Korean orphan baby who lived with Chris & Rowena for a little while but was too sick to stay). Tell me some of you out there, WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO???
Mary...

No comments: